Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving



This Thanksgiving is a holiday of firsts. It was our first Thanksgiving away from extended family. It is the first Thanksgiving that I cooked the entire meal all by myself. It is our first Thanksgiving as a family of four, and it will also be our last!

This morning I think we all woke up a little bummed that we didn’t spend the holidays with our family in New England. Last night, we even considered a surprise early morning drive up. I’m glad we stuck with our decision to celebrate Thanksgiving here at home. It is shaping up to be a truly wonderful day.

We decided to start some new traditions this year. We woke up this morning, had breakfast, and loaded the family in the car. We headed into the city for the parade. We only caught the tail end of it, but it was worth it. Ellie was so excited to see the floats, marching bands and best of all, Santa! When it was over, I cried. It was just a magical moment and knowing I’m providing memories like that for my kids warms my heart. (Chris on the other hand thought I was crazy and I just blamed it on pregnancy hormones.)

I am thankful for my children, my wonderful husband, the fabulous family and friends we have. I am thankful my husband has a job he enjoys and he works in a supportive environment that appreciates family and friends. I am thankful that his employment affords for me to stay home with our children, no matter how much we have to sacrifice to make that happen. I am thankful for every facet of my life, because when I was a child I thought it could only be a dream.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment