Friday, June 4, 2010

If you haven't figured it out by now... I'm not a very good blogger.

I was horrified when I randomly checked the blog and noticed that in my last post I was still pregnant.  Well the baby is now 4 1/2 months old and more importantly I now have an IUD. Yay!!

Seriously though, Than was born on January 19th at 5:50 am.  I spent the day before asking my friends who wanted to be updated when since I am the type of girl to FB, text and talk on the phone while I am in labor.  We didn't realize that things were going to move pretty quickly when I got induced.  People went to sleep thinking I'd be having the baby the next day and woke up to the "He's here!!" announcement.  He was very fussy and not a good sleeper at all the first few weeks.  He turned a corner at 8 weeks and turned an even bigger one at 12 weeks when he started sleeping through the night.  At some point between the 8 & 12 week mark we realized (after a midnight trip to the ER while Chris was away in DC on business) that Than has a severe milk allergy.  Once I cut out dairy from my diet he turned into an awesome peaceful baby and I was back to my rockin' Mommy self. It's amazing what a little sleep will do for you!

Than is great.  SO close to rolling over. We're almost on a nap schedule. He's finally taking a binky.

Charlie is almost a year and a half. He's trying so hard to talk up a storm.  He is putting two words together now. "More please." "Hi Daddy." "No Ellie." He has discovered how to climb up on the couch and is starting to listen when we tell him to do things. He's shaping up to be a really good kid!

Ellie is a fabulous flourishing four year old. She didn't care at all that her baby brother was born the day after her birthday and graciously agreed to sharing her birthday with him if that's how it ended up.  She was in the pool for the first time this season last weekend and it was amazing to see her with no fear in the water.  She is a hesitant kid when it comes to most things so I seriously was one proud Mama watching her in the pool.

Hubby and I are great.  We celebrated our seven year anniversary in March and he even gave me his blessing when I ditched him in May to attend my cousin's wedding in Florida all by myself for four whole days!!  It was amazing and rejuvenating and I think I need a little holiday by myself once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment