Monday, March 14, 2011

Hallelujah it's 8 o'clock!

I remember back in the day, about four years ago, when my Heart Mama friend and I would both talk about how we can't imagine being one of "those mothers" that looked forward to nap time and bed time just so our darn kids would go to bed and we'd get some peace and quiet. OMG, what was I thinking? Most days, probably because I am greatly outnumbered for about 90% of the day, I can't wait for 8pm.  By 8pm the kids are definitely in bed.  The routine starts at 6:30 p.m. and some nights I get lucky and by 7:30 p.m. all three kids are down and the house is quiet.  I don't even really want to talk to Hubby until 9ish. I just need the hour to decompress and regain a little sanity.

I was supposed to go to the gym tonight because sick boys have prevented me from going during Ellie's school hours, but Hubby wanted to run an errand so I figured skipping a night wouldn't kill me.  He bought me an iced coffee while I was giving Than his nightly breathing treatment, so seriously, how could I say no to him?  That guy knows all the keys to my heart!

It's a big night over here.  Charlie is sleeping in a toddler bed. GASP!  I don't remember how it came up, but we just decided on a whim that tonight was the night.  Chris and I make a lot of our parenting decisions off the cuff like that.  We'll see in about 18 years or so how that method has paid off. I'll keep you posted.  Back to the big boy bed.... It seemed to go down without a problem.  Chris actually put the boys down so I'm not sure of the specifics.  All I do know is that Chris left them in there and Charlie hasn't tried to get out or cried, so in my mind that equals success.  I should probably go check on him to make sure he's not asleep under his bed.  I remember on the second night or so that Ellie was in her first big girl bed, I couldn't find her in the morning and it totally screwed me up when I saw an empty bed until I saw her cute piggies peeking out from underneath her bed!

Other awesome news from the day, Ellie had her GI appointment follow up today.  In the last three months since we've been there, E has gained one pound and grew a 1/4 of an inch!  A pound in three months is huge for us.  Especially considering she had that horrible stomach bug that is going around and she didn't really eat for about a week. Woo hoo!!  That's my girl!!  I was so happy. Her doctor said she thought she was exceptional!  She is actually 5% on the growth chart for weight and at 10% for her BMI!!  Yay Ellie!!  We'll go for a follow up in another three months. The plan for now is just to keep everything as it is and hope the great gain continues.

1 comment: