Thursday, February 24, 2011

My weekend

2C3 originals Heather, Jenny, Sonia, Sarah, Vern & Me!
I spent a long weekend with my college roomies at a Cape house.  It was wonderful.  It went much better than any of us had anticipated.  The most surprising realization of the weekend is that I can still hang!! No lie, I was up past 2 a.m. every night and it wasn't with a kid that couldn't sleep! It was amazing!! I can't wait to do it again.  Here are some pictures from the trip:
The first night.
Big Girl movie night!
Picture of all the minis except Charlie & Than who were in bed! :(
Sienna, Addi, Sara, Avery, Ellie, Emme, Maya, Luke, Natalie
Some of the minis - Sienna, Maya, Luke, Than & Avery
The prettiest princesses ever!
Westfield family dinner
Avery getting lots of love from the biggies.
Ellie with her buddies Natalie & Emerson
more of the minis
We made good time and I think it took us a little less than 8 hours to get home.  I couldn't wait to run in the house and use the bathroom.  Bad idea.  While we were away our service line broke and was replaced.  Nobody left us a note.  I flushed the toilet, turned on the washing machine and played with the kitchen sink.  It sounded like we had rocks in our water pipes.  How could that be?  Oh it can be and it was.

After calling our landlord the water company sent a plumber out.  We are now on day 3 post trip and the plumber is still here.  We have all new faucets, had the hot water heater flushed, and who knows what else.  The only good thing is that we don't have to pay for any of it because the water company didn't let us know to run the outside water line because they had done work.  I should have the water test back in a few hours to know if our water is safe to drink or not.

I've spent the last 2 1/2 days sitting on my bottom catching up on my DVR and reading books to the kids.  The laundry is piled high and as soon as this guy leaves I've got to get to it.

I felt sort of pukey on the way home from our trip.  I dozed on and off not being much of a travel companion for Chris. I thought maybe my liver was shutting down in protest.  Ellie got sick the night we were home with a stomach bug and threw up from 9:30 that night until 3:30 the next morning.  She had a slight fever the next morning and spent the day asleep on the couch.  Today she is much better. I kept her home from school because she didn't eat anything the day before and I figured she'd be cranky.  I feel better today after thinking I was getting worse last night.  The boys seem to be doing fine, thankfully!
No idea who won, but Dan & I didn't make it past the first round. Stupid tipped cup rule!
I miss them already :(
Than is doing great picking up new words here and there.  He has quite the personality and is such a lovable kid.  This morning Chris woke up to Charlie screaming to Than from his crib.  "Hi, Than. I love you. Hi, Than. I love you" over and over.  Our boys certainly seem to be best buddies.

We are just working the daily grind for the next two weeks until I head back north with the kids for another long weekend.  What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment