Thursday, February 26, 2009

One of those days...

It has just been one of those days today. I was ready to pull all the hair out of my head until about an hour ago. Since then I have eaten ice cream, played online poker and now I am half watching American Idol. Ice cream is a cure all for me.

I started off the morning with my postpartum appointment (almost a month late). The new OB I saw was really nice. He just moved here from NY so he was asking my opinion about the town we live in. He's looking in our area and has a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 year old. Maybe his wife stays home and she can be my friend! Do I sound desperate? Anyway, Magoo was well behaved and Bubba slept. Magoo was very proud to announce that I have a vagina and boys have penises. At least we were in the appropriate place for that kind of talk. The doc said it was good that she knows the "appropriate language." LOL. Needless to say after that I needed an ice coffee!

After that we went to return some things at Target & Christmas Tree. That was pretty uneventful. At home Magoo practiced her letters. She can almost write her name! She can write the letters, but doesn't get that they go in a line.

We are trying this new thing where we don't put Magoo down for a nap and instead put her down at 7:30 p.m. She wasn't falling asleep until like 9:30 p.m. when she got her naps... we weren't having that! So, we cut the naps. This causes her to get a little silly in the evening. Tonight she spilled her milk and peed on her bedroom floor! She hasn't really had any accidents besides that one. She even stayed dry the last two nights! She weighed in at 24 pounds 3.5 ounces last night before her bath! Woo hoo! First time we saw 24 on the scale!!

Bubba cried a lot this afternoon and into the night. He's cluster feeding every hour and a half. It's driving me mildly crazy. This is what they do when they are going through a growth spurt and preparing me to make more milk, right? I hope this doesn't last much longer. It's almost 9:30 p.m. and I've been ready for bed for about two hours now. He falls asleep and I try to put him down but then he wakes up and is ready for another round. It's tiring! It could be from his shots yesterday too.

Ok - going to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment