Monday, February 2, 2009

Starting to notice some differences about Jersey...

Jersey auto insurance is almost three times what it is in MA. THREE TIMES! It's going to cost more than Magoo's preschool, which now I'm not sure we can afford :( There is a kids gym down the road. Maybe she can do that instead and preschool can wait until next year? She did get into the morning session. At least we have some time to decide...

I found the satellite office of CHOP where Magoo will be seeing her cardiologist. It is literally 15 minutes away! On the way I also found a dry cleaner and an Acme (which I am pretty sure is the same as Shaw's). The prices were ridiculous. I'll need to get serious about coupons again. EVERY old lady there stopped to admire the kids. Magoo even managed to squeeze a free cookie out of the bakery manager. On our travels this weekend Jenn & I came across some sort of thrift grocery store. I'll have to try to find it again.

We weighed the kids last night. Bubba lived up to his nickname at 11 lbs 15 oz. A guy at AAA today guessed he was 3 1/2 months! Magoo weighed in at 23 lbs 10 oz. She's slowly getting there!

Ok, one more Jersey rant... there are NO drive thru's anywhere here! I guess no D&D with a drive thru is good for our bank account, but it's still terribly inconvenient. As much as I love my iced coffee I won't drag two kids out of their car seats and into a Dunkin' Donuts just to get one. In Franklin we even had a drive thru at our dry cleaners. Maybe I'm just spoiled... but as a mother of two, I was really loving drive thrus.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAH the d&d over in front of wegmans had a drive up didnt? I'll try and remember the name of that thrift shop.. crystal lakes thrift store i think.

    ReplyDelete