Friday, July 24, 2009

Talked to the folks in Boston...

I had a "conference call" with Dr. T and his nurse this evening. They agree that Ellie needs a cath. He is on vacation for the next two weeks so they are sending in the paperwork to get Ellie scheduled for a cardiac catheterization (cath) the week of August 10th. He said he can't say she won't need surgery, but he hopes she doesn't... so the cath will tell us what the next steps are. It was so nice to hear his voice. How weird is that?

He said that he'd prefer we go to Boston because they know her there and if they do one in Philly they'll basically be starting from scratch with her. We've been through too much to start all over, so Boston it is!

When I told him we were expecting again he laughed and told his nurse we obviously don't have TV! Ha ha!! He's so cute!

I'm glad that we finally have a plan... Now I need to hit up the stores to fill her "surprise box" again for the pre-cath day when they do all the testing (blood work, chest x-rays, EKG, echo). We usually get away with not having all of this done, but since they haven't seen her since January I am sure they'll want it all. The "surprises" she doesn't get in between tests will keep her busy in recovery and if we have to stay the night. I'll plan on an overnight stay, but sometimes if you're first case you get to go home that evening. I'll keep you all posted when I hear from them with a date!

No comments:

Post a Comment